West Hartford, CT (PRWEB) December 09, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The West Hartford Housing Authority is pleased to announce the launch of its new WordPress-based website at: http://westhartfordha.org. The dramatically redesigned website, new logo, and recently launched Facebook page embody the WHHA’s commitment to progress and the growing needs of its clients.
The new website will offer visitors better organized, user-friendly navigation, photos of WHHA housing developments, and a wealth of information about the WHHA that was not previously available on the website. Using the new website, visitors can learn how to apply for housing and explore the programs and services offered by WHHA. The West Hartford Housing Authority staff will be continuously updating the website in an effort to keep applicants, residents, and others in the community informed of WHHA news, events, and developments.
“We are excited about our new website and our new logo,” said George Howell, Executive Director of the WHHA. “This new website allows the WHHA to present its various housing options, as well as the opportunity to better serve our clients.”
Other features of the new website include:
- Extensive information about the housing developments and subsidy programs offered by the WHHA.
- Details about the WHHA, including bylaws, a complete staff directory, Board of Commissioners meeting minutes and agendas, and frequently asked questions.
- Resources and other information for persons interested in applying for WHHA housing programs.
- The ability for existing applicants to check their status on any of the WHHA’s waiting lists.
- Updated lists of available units for rent offered by local landlords for Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program participants.
- Photos and information about each WHHA owned or operated housing development.
- Links and contact information for important local, state and federal agencies.
About the West Hartford Housing Authority
The mission of the WHHA is to create and preserve housing opportunities in the Greater West Hartford region and help residents to maintain their independence. The WHHA achieves this by managing affordable quality housing and providing housing assistance services. The West Hartford Housing Authority’s programs are administered in accordance with the regulations of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the State of Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development.