Dallas Housing Authority
Address: 3939 N. Hampton Rd. Dallas, Texas 75212
TTY: 800-735-2989/214-951.8348 or 504ADA@dhadal.com
HOURS OF OPERATIONS
Mondays – Thursdays: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Fridays: 8:00am – 12pm
Second Thursday of each month: 8:00am – 4:45pm
- DHA was created in 1938 to offer housing assistance to low-income families
- DHA provides housing opportunities to nearly 60,000 people through public housing developments and Housing Choice Voucher (formerly Section 8) programs
- DHA serves approximately 86 percent African Americans, 6 percent Hispanics, 7 percent Anglo Americans and 1 percent Asian Americans
- There are nearly 3,900 public housing units owned by DHA in the housing program, as well as more than 500 landlord properties under the voucher program with more than 12,000 units from which to choose
- There are approximately 12,000 individuals on the public housing waiting list and more than 7,500 on the housing choice voucher program waiting list.
- The estimated wait time for both programs is approximately 3-5 years with no new applications being taken.